Independence LED is a proud sponsor of the A.C.E. Prize.
Independence LED understands that the next generation of employees is in college now. So, this “Learn and Earn” program is an innovative approach and an excellent foundation to train students that are interested in the growing Energy Economy. By proactively mentoring students, representatives from Independence LED are able to provide a career launch pad with practical business experience as a compliment to academic work. The Company then rewards their energy initiatives through scholarships as retrofit projects unfold on their own campuses.
The Multi-Win Benefits:
- Students benefit with knowledge and financial support.
- Schools benefit with reduced operating costs on their lighting.
- Independence LED benefits with a larger pool of prospective employees and installations at schools across the country.
- America benefits with more U.S. manufactured products, an “energy-smart” trained workforce, and overall energy footprint reduction.
- The planet benefits with reduced C02 emissions from major colleges and universities, since the LED tubes reduce 1.3 lbs of C02 for every annual kilowatt hour (kWh) saved.
“We encourage other companies to participate in this mutually beneficial program. Independence LED has already seen the value come in several ways. We have recently identified two of the students in the program that exhibited particularly high potential, and they are now trained in lighting energy auditing and on Return on Investment (ROI) Savings Report software. So, we are relocating them to Greater Philadelphia to join us this summer. Plus, a recent meeting with the Director of Student Services and Programs, for the Office of Energy and Environment for a leading state university system, has led to a pilot program for our LED tubes. This combination of added talent to our workforce and added opportunities in our pipeline is core to the value of the ACE Prize.” – Charlie Szoradi – Chairman, Independence LED
Full Site: www.ACEprize.com
See: Green News Article